- Soy Milk (check the label...no sugar)
- Grape Nuts Cereal
- Post Shredded Wheat (Original or Spoon Size)
- Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal
- Protien Shake made with soy milk and powdered soy protien.
Lunch & Dinner:
- Organic or Homemade vegetable soup (make sure the base ingredient is vegetable broth, not beef or chicken-recipe below)
- Plain or lightly salted rice cakes w/Smuckers All-Natural Peanut Butter and Polaner All-Fruit Spread
- Celery sticks with all-natural peanut butter
- Salad w/ Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
- Home-made polenta (recipe below) topped with all natural or homemade spaghetti sauce or salsa (again, beware of sugar or preservatives in the ingredients
- 100% Whole Grain Pasta w/ all-natural tomato sauce
- White beans w/ crushed tomatoes
Recipes: There are many more out there, just Google "Daniel Fast Recipes". Here's a link to one great resource I found: http://www.therockofwilmington.com/downloads/rockdanielfast.pdf
Angela's veggie soup
1 28oz. can diced or crushed tomatos
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can (drained)of corn, green beans, potatoes, english peas, carrots
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium onions diced
1 tsp garlic
4-5 bay leaves
Add water to cover items cook in slow cooker for 3-4 hrs or on stove top. Could also add mushrooms or other veggies you enjoy-just be creative.
Hot Water Cornbread (or Fried Polenta)
2 c. Cornmeal (yellow or white)
Pour cornmeal in 2 cups of boiling water. This produces a firm mound of dough. Set the dough aside and let it cool for approximately 20 minutes.
After the dough is cool, pinch off a piece of dough and pat into small round cakes. You may either fry the cakes immediately or refrigerate on wax paper for later cooking.
Pan fry in 3-4 Tbsp of Olive Oil (not extra virgin) until cornbread has a crisp crust on the outside, yet is soft on the inside. Sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt. Serve warm--great with tomato sauce or salsa.
White Beans and Veggies
1 Can Organic Tomato Soup
1 Can White Beans
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables (Frozen)
Add your favorite spices and heat everything in a pan until vegetables are at a consistancy you like (5-10 minutes).