I took my walking up a few notches last week, logging 12 1/2 miles for the week! I am hoping I can keep up the pace this week. I know that regular exercise is the key to continued success with the band, but I still struggle to find the time and energy to do it every day.
My other biggest hurdle is avoiding junk food. I eat really tiny meals, but cookies and crackers and ice-cream still go down with ease. I don't usually buy this stuff for the house, because if it's there, I'll eat it in a moment of weakness. It's so frustrating!
Still, there have been so many really wonderful things that have come out of having the lap-band and enjoying the weight loss success I have had to date. Here are just a few:
- Having visible collar bones and thin hands (even my rings are loose).
- Walking around on the beach in my swimsuit and not feeling like the hugely fat lady that everyone is staring at
- Actually liking pictures of myself
- The other day Laura said I wasn't fat anymore since I had my surgery
- Trying on clothes at the store and then realizing the size I chose was too big, having to go back and get a SMALLER size. (I never used to do that!)
- Having no shorts that fit anymore, because they are all too big!
- Buckling my seatbelt on an airplane and actually having slack.
There are lots of little victories like these that keep me encouraged, even when the scale has stopped moving. So, please continue to keep me in your prayers. Specifically, please pray that I'll have the motivation and opportunities to exercise each day, that I'll have the will power to stay away from junk food and that I'll continue to enjoy weight loss victories, both big and small, with help from my trusty Lap-band.