Facebook Badge

Friday, June 6, 2008

An Easy, Yummy, Filling Dinner --Bean Burrito

Tonight I wanted something heavy to eat...that would stay with me for a while. I also looked over my food diary at www.thedailyplate.com and realized that I haven't been getting much fiber at all. So I threw this together and it was SOOOO good. It would have been better if i had fat free refried beans and whole wheat tortillas. But I had to work with what I had on hand. The best part is that I bought everything at Aldi...making this a cheap dinner, too!

1 Flour Tortilla
1/4 cup refried beans
1/4 cup shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese
2 Tblsp. Sweet Onion Salsa

Place tortilla on plate. Spread beans on tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, just until cheese mostly melted. Spoon salsa over cheese. Wrap up and enjoy!

390 Calories; 14 g Fat; 6g Sat. Fat, 39g Carbs, 3g Sugar; 9g Fiber; 15g Protien, 916 mg Sodium

4 comments:

Searching for My Knees said...

Hey Tami! I think you are doing great. If you don't mind I'd like to share a favorite recipe of mine with you that I think you would like and it's not bad for you either. And talk about filling... this will "fill you up without filling you out" (my little favorite phrase for heathly recipes). I'm starting WW tomorrow because my husband will just flat out not support me getting the lap band (that made me sad). I eat this for either breakfast or supper.
My Version of a Spinach Omelet...
*Egg Beaters (Garden Veggie) 1/2 cup
*Del Monte Fresh Cut Spinach Sm Can (indiv size and drained) 1 cup
*1/4 cup Sliced Mushrooms (I use the Green Giant in a jar)
*Tostitos Salsa (mild or hot) 2-3 Tbsp approx.
*1/4 Kraft Free Shredded Cheese (the salsa hides the bland taste really well here)
**I usually warm up the spinach and mushrooms in the pan and then add the Egg Beaters. Once cooked I top with the cheese and salsa.
You may not be able to eat it all and it will keep you full for soooo long!
Depending on what products you use here's the approx nutrition...
Cal-210/Fat(both)-0)/Carbs-15g/Sugar-6g/Fiber-6.5g/Protein-23g

I hope you enjoy it!

Tami said...

I will definitely give that a try. Thank you! I'm always looking for new recipes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tami,
I am sharing your experience with the girls at work and we are all rooting for you. "The Daily Plate" is the greatest tool ever. Thanks for passing this information to us.
A great way to help you stay in control. God Bless You.

Tami said...

Thanks, ngammons! I'm glad you're enjoying thedailyplate.com. It is a great tool!