Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Food Wars...The Return of the Appetite

WOW! I have been really hungry today! My appetite is definitely returning and I am going to have to be careful! I see Fuzz next Thursday for my first follow-up appointment and possible band adjustment and I think I am definitely ready for a fill. Each day, I have been able to eat a little bit more and today, eating is all I've wanted to do. Some of it has been "head hunger" (wanting to eat even though I'm not physically hungry) and some of it has been real, physical hunger.

My food choices today haven't been great either. Someone brought Krispy Kremes by the station and of course I had to indulge. So, I took a small piece of several different kinds...the total was probably slightly less than a whole donut. I also ate about 10 cheetos today.

But, I am not going to beat myself up. I need to focus on the positive, right? So, here is the good stuff. First of all, the old me would have eaten two or three donuts. Secondly, at my daughter's class picnic today, I steered clear of the chips and cookies and all of the goodies. I ate a hot dog with no bun, some hot dog chili and some fresh melon. Those were good choices. Then, for a snack I had some light string cheese and 2 slices of of low-fat turkey breast. I also had a small dinner. So, even with a few bad choices, I managed to eat just a little over 1400 calories. My daily goal is 1200. I'll walk a mile tonight and burn off those extra ones. Not the end of the world.

More than anything, I just worry that I will, once again, slip right back into old habits. Those cheetos tasted SO GOOD today! Even with the the band there is still that part of me that so easily loses control around food. Yes, I stopped at 10 today...but I worry about tomorrow and the next day. I just do not want to lose control and I really felt myself slipping today. I'll be praying about that! Hopefully, having a tighter band will help, too.

Another positive, I have been faithfully logging my food and exercise on a cool website called www.thedailyplate.com . It is so important to write down everything you eat when you are trying to lose weight and this website makes it easy to do so. Check it out!

No comments: