Facebook Badge

Friday, May 16, 2008

5 days out

Just a quick update. As I mentioned in the last post, I've had some problems with "The Big D" (some of the folks reading my blog apparently thought I was referring to some sort of football term. No, that's my nice way of saying diarrhea). Dr. Fuzz was a bit concerned so he had me come in so he could run some tests. Apparently, there is a bacteria called "C. Diff." (this is an abbreviation for a long, latin sounding name)that can cause some nasty bowel issues. It's caused either by antibiotics or by picking it up in the hospital, and since I've had exposure to both recently, he wanted to play it safe to make sure this isn't the cause of my issues. He is going to call me tomorrow morning with the results (mind you, he is calling me at home on a Saturday Morning, before he goes to his kids t-ball game...I am so impressed!). He's written me a prescription for an antibiotic that gets rid of c. diff, so if I do have it, I'll take that and hopefully it will clear up. So, please pray that I don't have C. Diff and if I do, that the antibiotics will work quickly. THANK YOU!

Other than those niceties, I'm doing pretty well. I'm feeling lots better today than I was yestarday. Now that I've started the "full-liquids" phase of my diet, I can finally have some things that contain protein. Plus, I'm now on my daily Multi-Vitamin. So, the extra nutrition should help me get some of my strength back. The really good news is that I've lost 17 pounds! Yippee!

No comments: