Facebook Badge

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back at Work!

Yesterday was my first day back at work. It went very well! I'm feeling good and starting to get some of my strength back. My appetite is weird and I think my body & stomach are still trying to figure out what is going on. I go from being really hungry to feeling very full. I'm having to relearn what full feeels like. I am also really starting to want some real food. For the next 2 weeks I'm on "full liquids" like yogurt, pudding, protein shakes, etc. I am really craving some meat. I want something I can actually CHEW and SWALLOW!! Oh well, this too shall pass. I'm just praying it will pass quickly!

Pastor Pete came by the house last night to check on me, and that was really nice. It is great having a pastor who has also had weight loss surgery. He is able to realate to a lot of what I'm going through. He said the 2 week post-op diet was the hardest part for him, too. I am so thankful for the way my church family has supported me and prayed me through this. At church this Sunday, the message was about recovering from addictions and making changes in your life. It was such an affirming message for me and for this decision that I have made. It was a reminder that God does not want me bound by this weight and addiction to food...he wants me to be free to serve and glorify him!

No comments: