Facebook Badge

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Mowed the Lawn!


Tonight Alton and I did a bit of a trade-off. He needed to mow the lawns (ours and my Mom's) and I needed to cook dinner. He had been outside working all day, so he wasn't looking forward to mowing. And, I certainly wasn't looking forward to cooking another dinner that I could not eat. So, we swapped. I cannot tell you the last time I mowed a yard...it's been at least 15 years. But I did it...with a push mower I might add. It took me about an hour and a half and it was not easy, but I did it!

I cannot believe how much better my body feels. I already have more energy. And, I'm only 2 and a half weeks out of surgery and down by a little less than 20 pounds. I cannot imagine how wonderful I will feel a year from now. And, in just a few days (Monday) I can start adding regular food back into my diet. I am so excited!

On another note...the 5 small incisions from the surgery are completely closed up. I never had any external stitches, Fuzz closed everything with dermabond (glue). That stuff is amazing. No stitches, no wound care. And, the incisions look great. I'll bet in a years time they will barely be visible.

No comments: