Facebook Badge

Friday, May 23, 2008

Walking

So, I've started my walking. Susan (Fuzz's Nurse) gave me a walking plan before I left the hospital. They really stress that excercise is essential to getting the most from your Lap-Band. I've read about lots of people's lap-band journeys on http://www.obesityhelp.com/, and it is true...the most successful people are the ones who regularly exercise. Eventaully, I will be exercising for 60 minutes a day, 6 days a week. But, I am starting out with 20 minutes per day of walking, which, at my slow pace is about a mile a day. So far this week I've done 3 miles. Not bad for someone a week out of surgery! I already feel healthier and stronger. Please pray that I'll have the discipline to stick with it.

I love having my mp3 player to listen to while I exercise. What are your favorite songs to work out to? You can leave a comment at the bottom of this post with your thoughts. Thanks!

3 comments:

Searching for My Knees said...

I love Audio Adrenaline, David Crowder Band and Tobymac. They are my favorites to listen to when I walk. I visualize myself actually being in good enough shape to jog down the beach while listening to Ocean Floor (that's my goal).

Tami said...

Good suggestions, Coolrain!

Anonymous said...

I think Relient K is a great one to work out to, makes me want to move faster!