Facebook Badge

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Liquid Vicodin, Sleep and Chicken Broth, These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

Day two post-op has been quiet and good. I slept really well last night which was great and even managed to get a few more hours in this morning. The pain meds are great to help me get comfortable and sleepy. I'm feeling pretty good and enjoying a quiet house. I'm starting to get a little hungry but chicken broth and other clear fluids are keeping me full. I am really looking forward to Friday when I can start having my protein shakes and some other full liquids, even pudding and yogurt! I think my body is craving the nutrition...especially protein.

Some thank you's before I sign off for the day:

-My absolutely wonderful family who have supported me through this. My very devoted husband, Alton, who has been right here by my side (even on a really uncomfortable chair overnight in the hospital) through this whole process, even though he wasn't crazy about the idea of surgery. My mom, who took care of the kids while I was gone and made dinner for the family and who has been, as always, very helpful. My kids, who keep me smiling.
-Thanks to everyone who came to pray with me at the hospital, including: Pastor Pete, Tim Bussey, Dean Tsiolkas, John Bussard (and his friend whose name I cannot remember)and Wayne Branch from First Christian Church, and also my sweet long-time friend Terrie and her husband Brett (The Minister at Wesley Memorial Methodist Church in W-S).
-My boss and co-workers at WBFJ who have also been so supportive.
-Thanks to my friend Jane for her visit and the beautiful roses.
-Thanks Dawn Creason for last night's dinner.
-Thanks to everyone who has emailed me or commented on my blog with your words of encouragement and support. They've meant more than you'll ever know.
-Again, to so many of the staff at Baptist Hospital who were so kind to me during my surgery and hospital stay. I didn't get everyones names, but here are some of the folks I want to thank:
-The nurse who held my hand in the OR as I waited for anesthesia
-The anesthesiologist who was so kind and warm
-Elizabeth Krings, who was also so caring as I was waiting for surgery
-Fuzz, of course, for doing such a wonmderful job, and for letting us call him Fuzz!
-Linda Waters, the director of the unit I stayed on and her wonderful staff.
-All the nurses from pre-op to recovery who took such good care of me, including: Sharon, Becky, Tammy, Margaret.
-Susan Butler, the Nurse from Dr. Fuzz's team who is such a sweet and helpful person with a real desire to help her patients make the most of their weight loss experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammi,
I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. I felt so good to get to meet you that day and to let you know in person that I was praying for you. Take care, God Bless and I can't wait to hear you back on the air again 'cos I'll know you are really doing great!!. Love, Becky TriplettRN/wfubmc

Anonymous said...

Tami,
Congratulations on your big step toward weight loss. I too had lap band surgery last November, and love Fuzz and the rest of the 'team'! This has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Also, like you the Lord opened closed doors and directed me in making this decision and letting everything fall into place. My prayers are with you in healing and enjoying the journey ahead!