Facebook Badge

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Home Again

Today at 11:30 AM I was released from the hospital and now I am home. Feels good to be here. The kids are home from school and it is good to see them. They feel better to see me too. I got to gross them out by showing them my incisions! Not too often does a mom get to gross out her 11 year old son, so that was nice. I told Carley that I was like Laura's caterpillar "Callie", now I am in my coccoon, but will slowly reveal the beautiful butterfly that is within. Carley, ever so sweetly, said, "Yes Mommy, but Callie was a skinny little worm and you are fat." Ya gotta love the honesty of a child!

Anyway, I am feeling a lot better now that I can drink liquids. I had some chicken broth today and that was wonderful.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and encouragement. It has made this journey so much easier and God has definitely been with me through it all. I think every nurse I had at the hospital was a WBFJ listener! How wonderful it was to have nurses not only taking care of me, but who were praying for me as well. It was like being surrounded by angels. Baptist Hospital RULES!

8 comments:

Searching for My Knees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Don't worry once you start drinking your protein shakes again you will feel a lot better. You are now a fellow Christian Bandit.

Anonymous said...

Quick Tip: It might be difficult to take enough liquid to stay hydrated.

I found that if drink your liquid while on a reclined position, the liquid goes down a lot easier.

Willie Fay said...

Good Morning Tami!
I am so glad the surgery went well and you are home now!!! I have been praying for you as you came to mind. Caley was "cute" in her comment but in my opinion you are a butterfly now!!! I had no idea you had a weight problem until I listened to Sunday at 5. Best wishes as you continue this journey!! God Speed!!!

Tami said...

Thanks Willie Fay and Orlando! Orlando, where and when was your surgery?

Anonymous said...

Tami, Are you talking about the same Baptist hospital. I think you got privalige treatment because you had your Dr. on the radio. Angel Nurses!!!!???? at the Baptist!!??
Somebody threatened their life or their job or something. Baptist and Angel do not go togather. If ever have to go back there will you talk about Baptist on the radio so I can have some of the Angel nurses. I never heard of such. Glad you told me. Since you have no complaints you won't get a 15 min. phone card. I love you. Paula

Tami said...

Hey Paula!

Sorry you've not had the same experience there. Everyone I encountered was great. Maybe it depends on the area of the hospital where you stay.

Take care!
Tami

Anonymous said...

I had my surgery March 31st with Dr. Fuzz. I hope to see you soon at one of the meetings. They really do help.